As documented in the book Jew Face, the nation of Holland had 75% of its Jewish population murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust. Another nation with one of the smaller Jewish populations which suffered similar devastation was the country of Greece. Between 60,000-70,000 Greek Jews were murdered in the Holocaust, most of them in Auschwitz. At the end of the war an estimated 8-10,000 survived. Keeping alive the rich history and culture of Greek Judaism with such a small number remaining is a difficult task, one which my friend Richard Solomon has taken upon himself to do. The following is a link where you can acquire a CD of a discussion about Greek Jewish history and the Greek Jewish Synagogue and Museum of New York.Go to http://kkjsm.org/ and help keep alive the Greek Jewish history and culture.
June 29, 2012
In Support of Greek Jewry
This entry was posted on Friday, June 29th, 2012 at 2:32 am and tagged with Auschwitz, Greece, Greek, Greek Jewish Synagogue and Museum of New York, Greek Jews, Holland, Holocaust, Jew Face, Jewish, Jewish population, Nazis, Richard Solomon and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Honor One Mother and You Honor Them All
- Why we need to Thank Israel
- Long Live the King..and Queen
- Do You Own the Book?
- The Manufacturing of Terrorists: The Real Human Rights Violation
- This is My America
- Boston and the Lessons of Israeli Independence: Connection and Support
- We are all Bostonians
- Thank You to The Fallen
- Israel’s Fallen Heroes: A Video Tribute
- A Story of Love and Heroism
- A Dishonor to the Jewish People
- On Holocaust Remembrance Day: The Lessons of my Parents
- Margaret Thatcher
- A Blessing For the Lost
- The Life That Was Not Lived
- Our Responsibility
- North Korea Missile Crisis
- From Death to Life
- A Citizen’s Plea
- The Last Seder?
- Freedom: Not a Religious Concept
- The Merging of Values
- Generations of Love and Family
- There’s no Place Like Oz